- For this post, I decided to search on google for “college student”.
- The results for the first 30:
- 1-10: eight out of ten were women, with four being white and four being asian, the other of undistinguished race.
- 11-20: eight out of ten were women again, five being white, two asian, one black, and the rest being undistinguished race.
- 21-30: seven out of ten were women, seven being white, one black, and the rest being indisputable.
3. The actual demographics for college students according to the national center for education statistics are different than the google search results. Of the 20 million students expected to attend college in fall of 2015, 11.5 million will be females and 8.7 million will be males. Although there is a difference in gender attendance, it is not nearly as much as the google search results, showing that roughly eight out of ten “college students” are female, when it reality theres only roughly a small difference in attendance.
When it comes to race, the majority of the search results showed that college students were white, with the next race being asian, then black. In reality, this is fairly true to the google image search results. Overall, I’d say the google image search results are not correct with actual statistics at all when it comes to gender, but somewhat similar when it comes race.